What are Certified B Corporations?
Certified B Corporations are a new type of corporation which use the power of business to solve social and environmental problems. B Corps are unlike traditional businesses because they:
- Meet comprehensive and transparent social and environmental performance standards;
- Meet higher legal accountability standards;
- Build business constituency for good business
The values advanced by B Lab and B Corporations are ones that are important to PREM Group and also to our stakeholders. By becoming a B Corporation, we are better able to broadcast our commitment to those values and hopefully set an example of social and environmental responsibility in our community.
The Change We Seek®
Our vision is to be the most progressive and innovative real estate service company that creates sustainable value for our stakeholders.
- PREM is committed to the advancement of sustainability by providing building management practices that not only increase the economic bottom line for our customers, but also foster good environmental health. Therefore, we require the use of green cleaning products that enhance indoor environmental quality, we use consumables with recycled post-consumer contents, and we incorporate measures that increase the effectiveness of base building systems such as energy-efficient alternatives.
- PREM Group currently operates approximately three million square feet of green buildings and is a participating member of the U.S. Green Building Council and a founding member of Oregon Natural Step.
- As a minority owned company, we value individual and cultural differences. We promote progress through new policies, ideas and procedures – constantly looking for innovative ways to exceed our customers’ real estate needs. Our commitment to diversity and a different perspective to solutions come from people and organizations having different socio-economic and geographic experiences.
While we continue to strive to improve our rankings throughout the B Corporation standards, we are proud to share with our current B Impact Scorecard and Assessment:
Certified: October 2009
|Points Earned||% Points Available|
|Composite B Score||129.2|
- >80 out of 200 is eligible for certification
- >60% points available = Area of excellence
From B Impact Assessment
Environment: All facilities LEED certified; >75% recycled office materials
Employees: >30% female employees; all employees paid living wage; >80% of individual/family health insurance premiums covered
Community: >25% of employees take time off for community service; >5% of net profits donated to charity; >50% of management lives in same community as at least 2/3 of workforce; >60% of expenditures directed toward local suppliers